The Society is governed by a non-executive Management Board of currently ten persons. The Board is charged with responsibility for directing the affairs of the Society in accordance with its objects and rules. The Board requires its members to posses between them skills, competencies and experience in the following broad areas:
Leadership and the ability to work as an effective team taking strategic decisions for successful results.
Direct knowledge of the needs and aspirations of the single homeless
General business, financial and management skills, and specialist skills in legal, health, education, social services, property management and housing development, personnel, media and public relations.
Obligations Of The Board
It is the duty of all Board Members to act at all times in the best interests of the Society and for the benefit of the community at large, as guardians of the values of the Society.
The Board Members meet at least quarterly and the Chief Executive reports to the Board on all aspects of the Society.
The general obligations of the Board Members are to:
- Uphold the values and objectives of the Society
- Uphold the Society's core policies, including those for equality and diversity
- Contribute to and share responsibility for the Board's decisions
- Prepare for and attend meetings, training sessions and other events
- Attend and participate in reviews linked to individual performance or that of the whole Board
- Represent the Society to third parties as appropriate
- Declare any relevant interests
- Respect confidentiality of information
Our staffing structure is as streamlined as possible. The day to day management of the Society is carried out by the Director of Operations and Director of Finance through five Service Managers who have responsibility for all areas. This structure allows the Society to be responsive to the changing needs of the service provision.